Friday, March 14, 2014

This last one's for you, URBAN GURU!!!!!

                                    FOR YOU!!!
 OLLO blog readers... Sadly, this will be our last post with TheUrbanGuru. So this is meant for him!!!! This last one's for you, URBANGURU!!!!!! 

     But before we give our message to him,  we have some confessions to make. First of all, this entire blog was our science project and UrbanGuru is our science teacher. This project is called "The Blogging Project 3.0". What is it? It serves as an assessment of our learning, this Creative Expansive Output (CEO) was given to us as a challenge to effectively express what we have learned in our science class through a collaborative online science journal, or otherwise known as a blog.

     In this blog post we are trying to merge all the styles we have used to create our other blog posts. Also, in this  blog post, we will be sharing our reflections about our science project specifically:
  • How did you prepare for it?
  • Did you encounter any problem/s as you prepare for the said project?  If yes, how did you resolve those problems?  If none, what made it easy for you to prepare for it?
  • Given the chance to do this CEO all over again, would you still do it?  Why or why not?
  • How do you think this CEO can be further improved?
  • Will you change anything regarding how this CEO was handled?  If yes, what would that be?  If none, why not?
  • What is the most important lesson that you learned from this CEO?
OUR REFLECTIONS:

Reflecetions of LegoMasterBuilder:
             I STAYED ONLINE ALL NIGHT!
    I prepared myself by checking out videos and instructions from various internet sites such as "http://www.youtube.com". However, we didn't completely finish this blog without facing any problems and challenges along the way. As a matter of fact, we somehow had a hard time communicating with each other due to various reasons. These include, lack of knowing each others email account, inability to chat through social media (since one of our members doesn't have one yet) and different times of being online of each member (like I would be online at 7:00 pm while the other at 10:00 am). Furthermore, if we were able to solve this problem immediately, our blog posts could have come out much more credible, clearer, accurate and on time. Lastly, I got to solve this problem by saving my group mate's cellphone numbers. In this way, we got to communicate through text messages and calls.

    Even though this our last blog post, I would do the blog once more, if I were given another chance to make it.  This means that I could improve greatly by giving blog posts earlier than before. Moreover, I can improve by communicating with my group mates in a much more advanced time. 



    Nevertheless, I learned that group/team effort is important in order to finish something like this. Furthermore, without God's grace and guidance, I wouldn't be able to express my opinions briefly and accurately. I'll leave this blog with the quote " In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:6)

Reflections of EnviroLeaper:
                                                                                                           I CRAM EVERYTHING!!!
    For this CEO, I prepared myself by staying online 'til like 12 am waiting for their (my groupmates) answers, or maybe editing stuff for the blog, or making the blog post, or possibly cramming my answer. I also prepared by researching about each and every topic to make our post informative and also by surfing the net for cool and creative pictures to place in the blog post. However, this project wasn't as easy as I thought it would be since we faced a lot of problems especially in contacting AnimatinGirl. If we are not able to contact someone, we or I (in some cases) come up with the most possible answer that they would say. Also, there was this problem that I couldn't contact anyone and I ended up cramming each and every answer. Oh  yeah... CRAMMING was a major problem in this group. We crammed every single post except for this one (sorry about that UrbanGuru but I think we came up with some good results :]).

     If I were given another chance to repeat all this, I would but not alone since I'm not that good with HTML (LegoMasterBuilder started the blog). I would do it again because it was fun and it was very easy to express my opinions. However, I would change the way I did the blog posts by doing it earlier and to do it more carefully. Also, I'll try to do it in a more creative, humorous, and very informative way.

     Because of this project, I learned that team work is very important and how God is very helpful in times of need. Team work is very important because we wouldn't have finish this without each other and how God is helpful especially at times of needs because during my many problems doing this blog, I approached Him in prayer and everything turned out just right. :D


Reflections of AnimatinGirl:
              GRUMPY CAT'S WATCHING YOU!!!
    Since I am not able to do work on the net, I prepare by answering early and researching on the topic. I do this earlier so that I can give my answer to EnviroLeaper or LegoMasterBuilder. But it didn't really go as planned, I apologize to my friends that I sometimes have been submitting incomplete answers or maybe no answer. That was my problem... I was not able to solve my own problem and I feel guilty. It was my friends who have saved me from the wrath of having an incomplete post. I am not aware of the problems they had on the internet so that was my only problem... And it was a big one. :(

    If I were given another chance in this project, I would take it but it's impossible for me to do it alone. I NEED HELP! But there are ways for me to do a better job such as submitting my answers COMPLETE and on time so that my group mates won't have to struggle in inventing an answer. I think it can be improved by us being more expressive and having less typo graphical errors. I wouldn't change the way this CEO was handled because we came up with good answers and also because I have no idea what my group mates have been through in doing the blog on the net.

    The most important lesson I learned here was to stop the cramming because it was what led my group mates to sleeping very late and to not be able to be as jolly as they usually are at school the day after the night of the blog post. SO I NEED TO STOP CRAMMING. P.S. I'm trying my best not to...


Reflections of PlausibleRorschach:
     Hello again bloggers. My name is ThePlausibleRorschach. I'm back again for the last blog post for this beloved LEAP League Blog =(. But before I say goodbye, how 'bout I talk about this blogging thing, and how it came to be. So, first of all, Our boss, The Urban Guru, told us all about our blog CEO (Creative Expansion Output) or our science project. So he taught us ALL about blogging. And the story continues...
        

         So this is how we start it. So, when The Urban Guru gives us an assignment about the blog, my team and I prepare for the answers; And on the due day, we sum it up all together and someone will correct our grammatical errors and other errors, and then someone will creatively edit it with pictures and colors.   
                                                                                                                         Obama's MAD   
          Of course, everyone encounters problems; EVEN BLOGS!!! Sometimes, someone hasn't given us yet their answers and the clock is running out, so we either, save their lives by making their answers for them and/or, we tell our boss that he/she isn't doing his/her job properly!


    This CEO doesn't that much improvement. It Just needs to have more post assignments and it has to have a length of on WHOLE school year... I won't have to change how this CEO was handled because I think it already is handled properly.

       I think the most important lesson I learned during the whole Blog experience was team work. Why? Because, without team work, we wouldn't have proper posts, our blog's template and layout will be a mess, late submissions, name it all!!! So yeah, this was the most important lesson I learned.  

OUR MESSAGE TO THEURBANGURU:

Dear UrbanGuru,

     Thanks for being such a cool boss to us LEAPers. We hope that you will be able to handle the next generation of bloggers and that you'll never forget ours. We made this post because you told us to do so and, more importantly, to give our message to you and to show our love for you.  So we hope that you read them well and are able to receive our message. So here they are...

"I thank the Lord for having you as my science teacher and also a one of a kind teacher. You have showered me with your knowledge of SCIENCE and I pray that you will be able to continue to do this to others. Thanks for being so cool and for doing your best in teaching our batch. I hope that you will never forget us as we will never forget you, the greatest Science teacher in the WORLD!"  from LegoMasterBuilder

"You've been such a cool science teacher to us and I'm super duper lucky to be in your class and be one of your many students whom you've made laugh. You've brought laughter to our class in times unexpected and you've taught us so many things in so many funny and cool ways. I enjoy how intelligent, fun-loving, thoughtful, funny, and chill you are. I hope that you will continue to be a cool teacher 'cause that's the kind of teachers I love and also I hope that you continue to seek God in your life. I pray that God will continue to bless you. And keep being who you are because it's awesome! P.S. 'Cher can I still do blog posts in this blog? P.P.S. When you're having a hard time being the best at teaching remember this: 'I wanna be the very best, that no one ever was...' from the Pokemon theme song to cheer you up and encourage you! " <3 EnviroLeaper

"Thank you for teaching us so many things and for giving us cool quizzes... Well to be honest, it's not the quiz or test that's cool, it's the cool bonuses that you put... I laugh!!! Continue to be UrbanGuru because 'you're amazing, just the way you are' -Bruno Mars. GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS!!!" -AnimatinGirl

"You've been so awesome and you've been teaching us lessons in the most awesome way possible. Wish I could have you as my teacher until I graduate from college because your way is the best way and also because it's impossible to find a teacher like you. And 'cher... 'don't let those sour moments turn your smile into a frown' - Avatar: The Last Airbender series. May the Lord continue to shower you with blessings and may He guide you through this long road known as LIFE." said by PlausibleRorschach

Enjoy the rest of your life 'cher! We LOVE you!!!
                                                          WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH...



Your students,
LEAP League



2 comments:

urbanguru said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
urbanguru said...


"Everyone encounter problems… EVEN BLOGS!!!"

I was LOLing so hard when I read this.

Here is your FINAL blog post score:

Content - 13/15
Coherence - 4/5
Creativity - 3/5
Voice - 4/5
Mechanics - 4/5
Text Layout - 5/5
Graphics & Multimedia - 5/5
Intellectual Honesty - 5/5

TOTAL: 43/50

LegoMasterBuilder, I will mark your word and will forever be your greatest science teacher in this world!

EnviroLeaper, I suggest that you rather make your own personal blog! Wouldn't that be exciting?

AnimatinGirl, I hope that you'll do well also in the quizzes, not only in the BONUSES.

PlausibleRorschach, how I wish you also be part of my class FOREVER!!! You've made my discussions as classic as you are.

To all of you, thank you for your prayers and warm wishes! May you continue to grow in Christ and excel in everything that you do! <3

P.S.
Something is waiting for you in your inbox. 'Twas well-deserved. :)